- 6 units of Pike & Shot (same as Pike & Shot)
- 1 unit of Crossbows (same as Commanded Shot)
- 1 unit of Swordsmen (same as Clubmen -- they can't shoot)
- 1 unit of mounted Knights (same as Cuirassiers)
- 2 units of Cavalry (same as Trotters)
- Artillery plus Artillery Guards
The Knights are Trained. As for the Cavalry, one is Veteran and the other is Raw. Each of the three mounted units consists of two Squadrons . . . which may separate but will act on the same "Action Card".
Artillery do not count as "units" and cannot be part of a Brigadier's command. They are rated as Trained. Depending upon the scenario, a side might have no artillery; or one or two Light Guns; or one Field Gun. The Artillery Guards are Veterans (and shoot with four dice instead of three).
Since we are using the "Maddening Subordinates" optional rule, each side has access to a large number of Brigadiers which will be assigned by dice rolls for each battle.